Project nameRafe's Place (Rafe's Place Day In The Park)
Town or VillageChesham
Rafe Chiles believed in giving everyone an equal opportunity to express their musical talents, so he set up a music promotions company called Ultimate Solution in 2002 and began to hold monthly gigs in various venues across Bucks, showcasing local alternative bands. This soon became popular with the counties’ youth aged 12 to 19 and boasted sell out shows every month, hosting some of the UK’s best known bands. After Rafe’s untimely death in 2004 from a severe asthma attack, it was decided that Ultimate Solution and the culture it had spawned was too vital to the community to let it die. A handful of the original Ultimate Solution team created the idea of Rafe’s Place in his memory. Designed to be a far larger project working towards tackling boredom in Bucks, as well as encouraging participation and education in the arts, a true reflection of Rafe’s vision...
• Cooperating with the community, for the community
• Breaking down barriers between different age groups, cultures and genres
• A larger venue, with a lot more than just gigs in mind
• An educational environment, as well as recreational.
• Revolutionizing higher education in the arts and putting Bucks on the map
• Working hand in hand with colleges and universities to offer practical experience and hands-on course
support to students and young people.